View Single Post
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE View Post
Curious as to what class you play? My class requires me to time CAs between AA rounds and I find the combat window useful for that.
Berserker. Most of my CAs are one of two lengths, so I find it easier to just work out how many CAs per autoattack swing and then pause a beat at the appropriate count. I probably lose a few swings, but it's sufficiently close (especially since TSO with taunts and hate generation taking priority over sheer DPS for holding aggro). Part of it's that we tend to avoid things where it's absolutely critical that everybody be at 100%, I take being that close to the edge as a sign we need bigger guns. Old Shin'ain proverb: "If you find yourself in a fair fight, it means you screwed up somewhere in the planning stages."

If I needed better timing, rather than watching the combat scroll I'd probably just set up audio triggers in ACT (ding on auto-attack going off, dong at weapon delay - 0.5s later to cue me for the upcoming swing). That way I can get the cues without having to try and spot them in a scroll that's going by too fast to read.