Thread: Maintained
View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:27 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Well, I guess they have introduced a new bug with these spells. Much like the flashing buffs, that seem to re-appear each time they do a major patch.

Basically the way the maintained spells work is that the spells get a new 'index' number each time you cast a spell. So the actualy spell doesn't matter to the 'index' number. You have cast X number of spells, than the index number for the spell you cast next will be X+1 regardless of the spell.

I'm not exactly sure how the spells are sorted once they are in the wndow, but the slot they are in, doesn't have to do with this index number at all.
The spell in slot 2 might have an index of 5 if it was the fifth spell you cast.

Once Spell A with index #1 wears off, you re-cast that spell and it goes back in the same slot no the window, but now it's got an index number of maybe 5, even though it's the same spell in the same window.

The new problem here seems to be two fold.
#1 These spells are being tagged at 'maintained' sells, when they are not, and should never appear in that window.

#2 The spells do not have an expiration timer. So Since they do not 'expire' they never leave the window.

The really od thing is that I would expect the spells to overwright the previous spell. Like I can understand as I decribed above how sneak attack has accidentally been tagged as a maintained spell, I can even understand how it woudl not expire once it's displayed in the window.

What I can't seem to figure out is why the next time you cast the spell it's not going into the same slot and over-writing the last sneak attack you cast.
But it is getting a totally new slot.

I suspect it's got to do with the fact that each spell is for a different target? If I understand you correctly.

So it's probably a problem with the new DD they are pushing to the window aslo, with the new information about who the target is.

Hopefully you have bugged this already.

I discovered another one with the game that I reported this week.
If you collect all of your possessions in the house, it doesn't collect the bank vaults. So if you give up owner ship of yoru house, you can't get to your bank vautls withouth purchashing the house again. then go in and they will still be there.