View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2006, 03:01 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

New Timer Window:

Let me start with a big... *THUMBS UP!!!*

The ability to time AE's accurately so a raid force can joust is essential to high-end raiding. Using 3rd party programs that you have to click (and those take focus away from the EQ2 window) either causes the AE times to be off or the person doing the timing to not be able to play their class to its fullest. The same goes for using real life stopwatches etc! I can't tell you how excited I was to see a full functional in game count down timer and as a bonus it does multiple count downs (SoE loves to add more and more AE's to mobs to make them more difficult.)

A couple of questions and requests:

Default Times
: Can you tell me where in the eq2_mainhud_timer file that the default times for the 4 timers are located. I would like to modify them to the 4 times I use most often.

Options/Interface Window: Would it be at all possible to create an options/interface window for the Timer. So someone could simply click on whatever small button you could add to the window and it would bring up another window. In this window it would have spots to enter the 4 different times one wanted, as well as an area for options (see later requests/ideas)

Final 5 Secs Variable: When the timer hits 5 seconds it switches to the "faster" red count down bar. It would be very helpfull if we could select 5/10/15 seconds for this function.

* Many times depending on the size of the AE its important to call the "Joust Out!" at 10 seconds or sometimes even 15 seconds if the melee has a long way to run in order to get out of the AE, or for instance when there is an incoming memblur and the tank needs more time to get longer casting skills skills up.... etc!

Sound!: If a generic windows beep (or even a customizable wav, set in the atually xml file) could be played when the timer hits the final 5/10/15 second mark!

* This would help facilitate someone fully being able to play their class role on the raid and still being able to time the AE. They hear the BEEP! and boom they are on their macro telling the raid force the the AE is Inc!

Auto Repeat/Loop: An option to have the timer repeat/loop automatically. So take a 30second timer, it would hit the variable 5/10/15, it would beep, it would hit 0 and it would automatically start counting down again!

The ability to finally have a piece of the game timing AEs is awesome! To be able to start and stop it from the same Hotbar that I cast spells from is invaluable! The above just being suggestions for milking everything possible out of the new feature!

Thanks and let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.....(edited) if you have the time and if any of the above is possible

Last edited by Dae'lomdel : 04-26-2006 at 03:06 PM.