View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

For testing I used taunt to pull unearthed settlers in The Thundering Steppes and woolly silkspinners in Frostfang Sea to show the state of the casting bar.

Results:

On character login the current default for 'Show Target Cast Bar' is enabled in the ProfitUI Control Center:

The TargetCasting bar window is off. (The window should have been on.) Toggling the 'Show Target Cast Bar' condition off and back on works as expected. The TargetCasting bar only stays persistent until the character logs off.

Loading a character with the 'Show Target Cast Bar' check box disabled during the prior session:

The TargetCasting bar window is off. The 'Show Target Cast Bar' check box setting on character login is enabled. (The check box setting should have remained disabled.) Toggling the 'Show Target Cast Bar' condition off and back on works as expected.

Summary:
It appears show_window is not being triggered on character load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi
I only have one request if you push this live, make the default to NOT show, instead of to show.
I will be using the TargetCast bar, but I do agree with gjsi. The default ProfitUI TargetCasting bar setting should be off.

Side note...
Using /show_window and /hide_window Custom.TargetCasting work fine in conjunction with the 'Show Target Cast Bar' ProfitUI Control Center setting. (User note: neither manual command will change the graphical state of the ProfitUI Control Center checkbox. However, the next change to the check box setting on or off does properly correspond to the TargetCasting bar window's true state.) This has only been mentioned for the sake of testing to show the manual commands continue to play nicely with the new Control Center setting.

Last edited by Abraxsis : 12-11-2010 at 01:24 PM.