View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2009, 09:16 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh4me View Post
This has been an interesting thread to see, I rarely come here anymore but wanted to see what was needed to make the new maps and saw this thread and got completely derailed.

Firstly - 1 chat window would be my recommendation. Reason: combat window is worthless, thats what ACT is for. If you need real time information concerning your combat log you arent going to get it from reading the scrolling text. I like the tabbed approach, its easy enough to click back and forth. Level 1-9 chat has become really the defacto chat channel on most servers it seems due to alt necessity. So many people I know anyway have one tab set up for combat, 1 for all chat channels, and the primary has group/guild/1-9/70-79/tells in it for the things you typically want to see anyway.

(2) Agree that the primary benefits to the new UI should be increased functionality, minimalized foot print and lanscape usage.

(3) With regards to advanced features such as click to cure. I think even though these are advanced features they are more helpful to newer and more casual players in understanding their class and getting some assistance in playing them. This is one of the most useful mods out there and personally I think it should be included.
The PvP server is big in population and I guarantee you that most PvPers use at least 2 chat windows. I do myself.