View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2009, 04:50 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Container is fine, only I mentioned the other idea because your first proposal was to save (and thus parse) everything.

And regarding the non-custom values I was only talking about those which get saved anyway if the user manipulates the window with the mouse. To make this clearer: If I move a window with the mouse the position currently gets stored to the uisettings.ini file. If I move a window via script the changed position will not be stored, but it would be great if it could, along with all the other tags which already get stored (size, visible, etc.).

Of course we could store the values in your custom tree and apply them on first load via script but IMO that would unnecesarily duplicate the data in the settings file.
What I meant by storing everything, was only to store custom properties saved in the root UI window. This way I'd look at the root page and only save data from there. However, after mentioning it, I think this would look cluttered and I'd rather see the data confined to its own container.

I see what you mean by values like location not saving. I think they should save if something caused the window to trigger a save of its values since you really are updating the location. The problem is that the windows only save their values when something in code modifies them. I could probably expose something like a function that you could call to force a window to save its data. This would let you make changes to visibility, location, size, etc., and make sure the window persists those values.