View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2004, 02:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

well i play a level 11 summoner headed for conjurer (was an eqlive mage) and the pets are just what you expect. you still get the nice security blanket of having a solider willing to die while you run away. Mages in general are in for a reworking right now. a lot of people complain that the pets are weak (and they are) but if you upgrade your spell he's pretty handy and is ok at tanking stuff my level. he cant hit for crap tho. up until about 2 weeks ago pets were unusable, they didn't attack anything and were completely broken. today he works fine thanks to the hard working devs. (which is why people are stupid to complain so much) anyway:

1) Don't think so, there are/will be shared banks for your good chars and shared for your evil chars but not between cities. there is/will be a black market tho. (meaning in Qeynos you can buy stuff from fp)

2) conjurer = necro. so much so that people complain

3) serious? yeah. turning on shadows right now makes everything explode for some people. (think polygons going infinitely in any direction (see attachment 2)) the best bugs are the funny ones. NPCs have super high regen when not in combat (like eqlive). And in combat their regen is off. when its PC vs NPC this works fine. but sometimes the regen doesn't turn off when its NPC vs NPC. I watched this for about half an hour today:
Bear swipes at guard
Guard regens to full!
Guard swipes at Bear
Bear regens to full!

Fun stuff.

4) griffin rides. doesnt atonica look pretty? now imagine it from an birds eye view. soooo cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my-pet.gif
Views:	1023
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	51  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000020.gif
Views:	600
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	52  

Last edited by insomniac : 10-18-2004 at 02:07 PM.