View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2004, 10:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

EQ2 has the potential to be excellent, but you need to stay with it. Once you get past the Citizenship Quest you get dumped in this huge city.

My advice? Quest, Quest, Quest. It's as simple as that. Quests are the way you find things, listen to the npc's as they explain things, in each town is an npc that will tell you about the past 500 years, what has happened, why etc, each of these npc's gives you a different view according to their race/alignment and class.

Antonica will blow you away, on a scale of 1 to huge, it's enormous. Biggest zone I have ever been in, it literally goes on for a long time (if you've ever read the book Eon by Greg Bear then you know what I mean when I say, antonica is the 7th chamber).

I play a bard (as i did in original EQ), if you where a bard in the original you will love how they have done bards this time around, we where that powerful in the beginning that they reduced our damage output, I can do combo's that reach 120dam in 1 round using Heroics, which is pretty good in my book (I don't know the damage output of the rest of the classes).

I honestly think this will be bigger than the original EQ.