Thread: Custom Cursor
View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2010, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Digging up old stuff

So this thread is super old but It needs a bump and someone from SOE to friggin' look at it! I've spent the last several hours trying to get my red mouse cursor to work from the files: CursorPallete.tga in the ui > default > images > old folder in both stock and profit UI to no avail. When opening the files in gimp they are red just like I saved them but will not work in game. After some more digging it looks like noone can change the cursors size or color because it hard coded into the everquest2.exe. Awesome SOE. A good part of the enjoyablility from MMO's is that you can change your UI to suit YOUR needs, not what you think people want in a UI.

Sure people still use the default ****ty interface but a large portion of the playerbase uses ui mods like profit because they are just better than default. More info, easier to use elements. Look at WoW and what they can do with their interfaces. Can't speak for any other MMO as I haven't played them but UI modding is fundamental to enjoying the game. Sorry SOE your default UI sucks balls.