View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2005, 12:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default desktop shortcut for specific characters

I just found a nice little way of making a desktop/startmenu shortcut that'll load directly to a specified char, no patcher, no slow character select. The one thing is you still have to type your password unfortunately.

The way to do it, make a shortcut to everquest2.exe. Then on the 'shortcut' tab of its properties, change target to include: cl_autoplay_world <server>; cl_autoplay_char <charname>; cl_username <accountname>

like on my computer, the entire shortcut is:
"D:\everquest 2\EverQuest2.exe" cl_autoplay_world Najena; cl_autoplay_char Vergere; cl_username imnottelling

(no imnottelling isnt my account name, so dont try to start guessing my password :-)

You can actually add whatever command you want, those 3 are the only ones I could see anyone wanting though. You might be able to make a shortcut for various UI's, havent tried. The entire list of / commands can be found here http://eq2interface.com/forums/showt...hp?t=982&pp=25

The reason you still have to enter the password, is the way the patcher does it, when you log into the patcher, it creates a session, and when the patcher launches everquest2.exe it passes that session's id. The session id expires though, so you cant use it permanently. If someone can find a way to get around entering the password, by all means, share :-)