View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2005, 03:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
Got a few questions before I start trying to piece things together that may not be possible..
- Can Drop down buttons (like the one labeled 'All' in the picture below) be resized?
- Can they be rotated vertically?
- Can OK/Cancel buttons be resized? Rotated?
- Can the Sort button be made vertical?

Unfortunately, I don't have any graphic editing software here at work so I won't be able to mock-up a copy until tonight/tomorrow night.

Anyway, verbally, here is what I'm thinking..

1. All function buttons should be made as small as possible (the drop down menu just has to say NPC/PC/All for example), rotated vertically and placed off to the side of the actual window like the color buttons are in the example below.

2. All buttons should be hidden.

3. As long as mouse scrolling works, the scroll bar should be removed entirely.

4. Because all buttons are vertical, the minimum size would be a thin, vertical strip showing, perhaps, just 3 letters of the mob's name. Both the height and the width would be expandable.

5. There would be a right-hand and a left-hand version to allow people to place the window on either side of their screen. The buttons will be invisible, so - unlike the picture above - they would sit on the right hand side of the window so that the text box can rest flush with the edge of the screen.
I may play with this tonight. Since i want something similar.