Currently the interface command /loadui works in a sense it loads the custom interface but
if you use it your interface will not work correctly
. So here are the steps to use for now to load a custom interface and have it work.
Current Install Steps:
Once they fix the /loadui command using custom interfaces will be ALOT easier and these steps will be updated.
- Download the interface you wish to use
- Make a new folder with any name BUT with no spaces or special charaters (example: bobsui) in the UI folder that is inside your Everquest II directory.
- Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this. %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\jillsui\*.xml (wrong) | %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)
- If you are going to use multiple interface peices just unzip all of them into the same folder.
- Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
- Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
- Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.