View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2016, 09:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlight View Post
I wasn't sure which ProfitUI I should download, just went with the most recently updated, or at least, at the top of the list, which was indeed ProfitUI Maintained. Did you mean this?

Taking the nav/exp bar as the example, from what I can tell, there is the left page and right page, each having west, center and east. Can you give an example based on that? I've studied basic XML, but this is a little bit new to me as it has a whole lot of different attributes and terms I've never heard of before.

eq2ui_ButtonStyles.xml has a wealth of examples. The first few styles are simple buttons with a single image for normal, pressed, disabled, etc. Farther down you will see full-blown styles made up of RectangleStyles of varying complexities. The single-image styles use only the center element while a three-part button can have east, center and west parts. If you search for Name="DefaultButton" you'll see a nine-part style example, NW, NE, SW, etc. like a tic-tac-toe board. You can specify stretch and shrink for each rectangle in the style -- look for attributes like EastStretch, EastShrink, CenterStretchH, CenterShrinkV... etc. These values will decide whether the textures you choose from the DDS files need to stretch or shrink to fit exactly within their rectangles.

And yes I believe that's the correct updater for the most recent iteration of ProfitUI. I don't do Java so not 100% sure. You may need to swap out or delete some files, see Therendil's ongoing updates thread. I believe he is working on some things that will improve life for ProfitUI users soon, but in the meantime this is your best way to get the UI. ProfitUI pieces in general are designed to be very compact on the screen.

Ha, Therendil you beat me to it

Last edited by Darqwood : 03-02-2016 at 09:54 AM.