View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2016, 11:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Up until a few months ago, I was running EQ2 on an old Gateway laptop with a 1280x800 screen. I used ProfitUI, selecting the smallest variant offered for elements like the persona window. It worked, and took up less screen space than the default UI, but it was still crowded to be sure.

I use IrfanView to do basic image editing. It handles DDS (Direct Draw Surface) files just fine as long as you add the plugins package.

As others have pointed out, re-scaling UI elements can be a real pain in the butt. DDS files are designed with the assumption that applications will use whatever pieces they need, but not that the image would ever be scaled. I haven't tried using IrfanView to re-scale a DDS file, so I'm not sure what would happen.

I don't use UI Builder. It's so old and so unsupported that for me at least, it's way more trouble than it's worth.

I admire your dedication to getting the UI into the form you prefer. The EQ2 UI is a pretty complicated piece of software and modifying it is no trivial task.

-= Therendil =-
Retired test guy and current Profit user...