Unread 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacs
Why do you guys keep using works like "impossible" and "can't" when somebody asks for a change? Is there some sort of API which you guys have to follow forbidding some segments of code?

Adding fog seems relativly easy to me, create fog which cover the whole map, as a character's location changes remove fog from the area within a certain radius of their location.

My suggestion would be to allow adding of your own hotkey points ingame to the map.

Another idea is to add in the location next to the mouse as it moves over the map, so that we can see the location on that section of the map, rather than just at the given points on hte map.
Look here, YOU go add fog to the maps ok? Release it for public use, then get everyone banned for modifying the game. You will have to create an application to modify the fog.

It might be easy to do if there was any type of programming whatsoever that we could do, but theres not. We modify static XML files to do every bit of this. XML Files which do not let us add fog, or move fog around, or change fog.

Doesnt seem too hard to put the location next to the mouse? Maybe not if you wrote the game and can edit the code for that kind of thing...

Adding in your own points huh? Guess what! We dont have access to that either.

SO THE GENERAL CONSENSUS SAYS THAT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE.
GUESS WHY I'M SAYING THAT...BECAUSE WE CANNNOT DO IT. WE DONT HAVE THE MEANS TO. DON'T LIKE US ANSWERING QUESTIONS THE BEST WE CAN AND TRYING STUFF OUT AND FINDING WHAT WE CAN AND CANT DO? DELETE THE MOD AND USE THE MAPS THAT SHIP WITH THE GAME.