View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2024, 12:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I know this is an old thread, but I've made the jump to Zorin OS and have been discovering neat workarounds. Lutris to me has been very hit or miss on any sort of consistency with compatibility.

I've had a lot more luck with Steam and Proton (and in some cases games play better through Proton than they had on windows). I usually default to Proton Experimental, but looks like DarqUI functions perfectly under Proton 7.

Add a non-steam game like you normally would, and then once added go to Settings -> Properties -> Compatibility. Here check "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool" and in the drop-down select Proton 7.0-6. It'll download the 7.0-6 libraries and then you'll have to drill about to find where your EQ2 install is, but the rest works as expected.

I haven't encountered a single error and all themes installed fine as well as EQ2Map updates. I don't really think this is a Zorin OS specific run through either, the Proton compat. stuff within Steam seems to be distro agnostic and kind of a miracle for gamers on Linux. Hopefully this helps others running into issues with DarqUI on linux as it's genuinely the only real UI option for EQ2 right now.