Thread: New Updater
View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Where did you download?

Neither there is a 168rursf.exe delivered with it, nor does it download or create that file. So changes are good that is in fact a virus.
From the link you posted
http://updater.pala.de/new/

I have been having this problme since you first changed the updater. Every time my anitvirus / mallware programs runs I would loose the ability to use the updater and would have to change the install path to get it to work again. On one ocation I found 168rursf.exe in the quarentine folder and when I replaced it, the updater once again would function. Then the next time my antivirus / mallware would run the updater once again refused to update and I once again would have to move the instlation path to get it to work again.
This is getting very annoying. If that program is not part of Profit Updater then whey when I put it back does the updater work? That and why does an avitvirus / mallware programs have any affect on the updater.
I use StopZilla for antivirus and SuperAnti Spyware for mallware.
Where is the config. file kept, that way I may just be able to change the configuration instead of needing to change the install path all the time. I have searched my system but can not find it.

This is a copy of the log file I get when the updater fails to run.

de.pala.updater.Updater - Cannot activate core
org.java.plugin.PluginLifecycleException: can't find plug-in class de.pala.updater.services.settings.SettingsPlugin
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginLifecycleHandler.createPluginInstance(Sta ndardPluginLifecycleHandler.java:117) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:403) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.checkPrerequisites(StandardPlugin Manager.java:469) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:397) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:245) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.start(Updater.java:102) [Updater.jar:na]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.main(Updater.java:76) [Updater.jar:na]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.pala.updater.services.settings.SettingsPlugin
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(StandardPluginClass Loader.java:378) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginLifecycleHandler.createPluginInstance(Sta ndardPluginLifecycleHandler.java:113) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
... 6 common frames omitted
de.pala.updater.Updater - Cannot activate updater
org.java.plugin.PluginLifecycleException: plug-in de.pala.updater.services.updater requires plug-in de.pala.updater.services.settings which failed activation
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.checkPrerequisites(StandardPlugin Manager.java:445) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:397) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.activatePlugin(StandardPluginMana ger.java:245) ~[jpf.jar:1.5.1]
at de.pala.updater.Updater.main(Updater.java:77) [Updater.jar:na]

Hope the log helps. I posted it once before but it was ignored.

Last edited by Denavin : 02-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.