View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2008, 12:24 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Yeah, sometimes mouseup is better than mousedown but depends on the situation. For user-responsiveness, mousedown is better like selecting an item in a listbox.

I've reworked the group window a bit, putting all the group member controls in its own page. So now there are 3 sub-pages under MemberInfoPage. One for the member data, one for pet data and one for effects.

I've changed the code so that clicking anywhere in the member info area targets that member. Clicking in the pet page targets the pet and clicking in the effects page does nothing.

This will probably require that most of you rework your group page a little bit, but hopefully it'll be cleaner in the long run and you won't need to use the hover in/out hack to get around targeting.

On the subject of group-member dynamic data, I too wondered when I first looked at the window why it wasn't based on dynamic data. When I added the speaking indicator back when we did voice chat, I made it run off dynamic data, and the new pet info is now strictly dynamic data. If I get time to look at it again, I might try to convert it.