Thread: GU43 UI Changes
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default General Loot Changes

Not sure why this post was moved from Dev Shack (edit: and back), but...

I was speaking to the new Tech Director at SOE about these same issues.

Round-Robin: Coin should only count as a person's turn if auto-split is off and that person gets ALL coin from a chest/corpse.

No-Trades: When a player has the option to loot no-trades they should ALWAYS see a loot window AND confirmation dialog, regardless of rairity, quest starter, or round-robin settings. NBG on no-trades for the loot window is preferable to lotto, but silent round-robin is completely unacceptable. It is NEVER ok to silently award any no-trade item. See notes on "Smart Offers" below.

Corpse Loot: Corpses should NEVER poof until completely emptied. There is at least 1 spell line currently in-game who's effect depends on nearby corpse count and you may want to introduce other corpse related abilities later "Annimate Dead" for example.

Smart Offers: Lordebon covered this in his Thrid point but I think it can have more general application. I'd love to see elligability code applied to the list of items offered to a player in all loot scenarios. Lordebon's list is great for NBG. I'd apply the following from his list to Lotto and Round-robin... c, d, e. The idea here is to reduce the amount of pointless window spam, but you need to be careful not to prevent looting stuff that might for instance be melted down by a transmutter or sold for cash.

Loot Visibility: There should be a Game Option to hide/show items you are not eligable to loot. There are cases where I want to see what's in a chest even if I personally can't loot it. In these cases, those items need to be clearly differentiated from items I can loot. Could be as simple as a red box around the icon. This also applies to leader-assigned loot, leaders should see an obvious indicator that they personally are not elligable to loot an item in the list.

Leader Assigned: Deffinetly would be nice to have the assignment list filtered based on elligability. If a Conjuror epic quest updater drops, selecting that item should filter the group/raid list to just the conjurors.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-06-2008 at 11:40 AM.