View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2006, 12:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Butcherblock
Default Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error..

I have been using EQ2MAP for a long time before EOF came out. The day EOF came out and i ran Everquest II i got this error when I tried to open my inventory.

Everquest II had detected an unrecoverable error and must shut down.

<verify> D:\test\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\directx9 RenderDevice.cpp (4549): DirectxError. (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)

I removed my video drivers and used driver cleaner pro to make sure there were no remnants of the drivers. I re-installed the video drivers. I checked my version of Direct X and it is v9.0c. I also installed the latest chipset for my computer.

After all of this i ran EQ2 again. I tried to open my inventory again, and the same error occurred. So I uninstalled EQ2MAP and ran EQ2 again. I could now open my inventory no problem. But now i had no EQ2MAP. Bummer!

So I re-installed EQ2MAP and I tried to open my inventory again, and i could. I was happy, but I did not know what was coming. I opened my Inventory a few more times later on and the same error slapped me in the face again. So I keep re-installing EQ2MAP and my inventory works a few times and the error comes again and again. And thus the cycle of life is explained.

/em pound head against computer screen. "speak to me!" -Boris, Goldeneye

So.. i figured id post this info here and see if anyone could come up with a solution or point me in the right direction of one.