View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
A Sea Turtle
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Zoltaroth-SOE

I loaded up your UI in the debugger this morning and I think I figured out what the problem is.

Basically you have a bunch of code like this:

Code:
Parent.Archtype.Style=(Test ? WarriorArchtype : False) Test=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Fighter)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(Test ? MageArchtype : False) Test=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Mage)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(Test ? PriestArchtype : False) Test=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Priest)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(Test ? ScoutArchtype : False) Test=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Scout)
What happens here is that the command parser sees your "Test" variable, and decided that this is a valid command and queues it up to send to the server.

The fix for this is to rename your variables something unique that can not ever become a valid command. For your UI I made the following changes that seemed to fix the problem for me:

Code:
Parent.Archtype.Style=(eXTest ? WarriorArchtype : False) eXTest=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Fighter)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(eXTest ? MageArchtype : False) eXTest=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Mage)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(eXTest ? PriestArchtype : False) eXTest=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Priest)
Parent.Archtype.Style=(eXTest ? ScoutArchtype : False) eXTest=(Parent.TArchetype.LocalText==Scout)
Note the use of eXTest instead of Test. This is only one example and similar problems exist all over the place, so you will have to do a bit of digging to fix them all.

I recommend to all the UI Modders that if you create variables, you prefix them with your mod name. Such as eXtreme_Var = foo, as opposed to Var = foo. This should minimize this kind of problem in the future.

Very nice UI by the way! Keep up the good work, and if you have any more problems or this solution does not fix all the problems, feel free to post. I will be checking these forums throughout the day.

~Zolt

Last edited by Zoltaroth-SOE : 03-01-2007 at 02:43 PM.