Thread: DDS and PSP
View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2005, 03:59 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Not sure exactly how to do this in PSP but in PS you need to create an alpha layer inorder to get the transparency to actually work right.
I've been working on the same issue for the last few hours.
I'm using PSP 8, the NVidia plugin works great when opening the files, it also shows that there WAS an alpha channel since all the whitespace is showing as transparent.

So far so good...

I can make my changes (just a color tint adjustment), then try to load the alpha channel but it errors as none exist.

I then do a select of all the whitespace and save the selection to the alpha channel, again no problems. I can save it in TGA format and the alpha channel remains intact. When I save as DDS, the Option button is greyed out so I can't make any changes beforehand, then I proceed to save and a message pops up stating that the format that I'm trying to save in must be reduced to a single layer and all alpha channels will be deleted. (YAY!) Then I get the nifty NVidia plugin pop up, save in DXT3, 5, whatever... doesn't matter my alpha channel is gone.

SO, if someone is running PSP 8 with the most recent NVidia DDS plugin and it works, please tell me what you did to make it work, or even better, tell me what version of the DDS.8bi you're running that DOES work with this version of PSP.