View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubisrwml View Post
Ive officially submitted the project for approval to EQ2Interface - the project now has come along far enough that I feel confident releasing it to the general public.

Right now, the program fully supports all collections, and also has a section for tracking named. Included is a feature for an on screen DPS display as well, though it's not been tested in a raid environment for accuracy.

Right now the program is completely locally ran, except for the patcher which downloads the latest database fixes and (often) is required due to the changes I make to them everyday in order for the program to function properly.

Wether people trust the program or not is up to them. I have no intention of ever putting anything evil into the program and, with well over 80 hours of time spent just building the code, if I had wanted to be malicious I would have stopped with just collections or something. The fact is, the program is far more powerful being external to EQ2 than if it were within EQ2 due to the limitations of the UI.

I encourage anyone who has doubts to check out the forums. I work on this project every day, and updates are often twice to three times a day. The more community involvement I get, the better the program will be!
Although I do believe you intentions are good I do feel not having the code to look at to verify that this doesn't send data I don't want sent I am skeptic of using it. I don't know how others feel but its far from a utility like we have seen before and its a dog eat dog world out there where I have seen mods for various games give people info that allowed things to be cracked or crashed. I'll look at this but surely not on my gaming system with anything but a trial account until the community can say its a good program.