View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2010, 12:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubisrwml View Post
However, if EQ2Interface approves of the design as being an "external" overlay interface, then perhaps it can be added onto exsiting interfaces. (UI Mode is still under production but it should be released soon for testing).
As lordebon said, you did not present any design yet. I'm not even sure from reading your post whether you propose to somehow interact with the game client (which would be against the EULA) or are just running a database like fluffy.dk with a client/server model instead of a web frontend. If it's the second option it might also be against the EULA since you could say that it manipulates the video output of the game, so I agree with lordebon that you should talk to SOE about it.

Finally, if it's not open source, personally I wouldn't touch something like that with a stick, but that's just me. Sure sounds like an interesting project though, unless you're scraping the data from other sites your fingers will probably be bleeding before you finish populating that database!