View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Too much info to dig through to get an idea of what your system currently does and how it currently works. It sounds like a very ambitious project (after all, the fluffy.dk website does quests/collections alone and that seems like a pretty big undertaking). You might be able to pull it off, and become a major EQ2 fansite, but keep in mind it's not going to be quick or easy, make sure you're in for the long haul.

My suggestion is gin up a few screenshots, show people what it actually looks like in-game and how it works. The fact that it's done through an external executable instantly makes me more wary of it. So long as all it does is help you to track what quests, etc. you've done it doesn't really sound game-affecting, but because it is a third-party program running in EQ2 you should probably ask SOE for their blessing on it (ie saying they do not consider it to violate the EULA).

But I think the main thing that gives me zero desire to try it is the lack of screenshots. I'm a "try before you buy" person, and downloading something with zero idea of how it looks (or how the website part looks/works).