View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Smallest available unit on the text values for XP Dynamic Data is 10ths of a percent.

I seam to recall someone doing a test on the progress bars that revealed them to be much more acurate. If so, you might be able to grab a more acurate number from the progress amount. If so, you could prbly build a calc window with 3 buttons:

A) grabs the pre-kill XP percent from the prog bar
B) grabs the post-kill XP percent from the prog bar
C) Calculates

Kill value = B - C
Kills to lvl = (100 - B)/(B - C)
Kills for entire lvl = 100/(B-C)

Could maybe include a text box for entering how far into lvl your vitality goes (vit percentage is useless for these calcs) and spit out another Kills to lvl number with partial vit factored in.

Hmm something more interesting (ie automated) might be possible, now, if you work at it..
We now have a way to compare data and conecate strings
You can automate the simple math if an ingame calculator can do it.
However, I'm not sure how much the interface system has change so I might be wrong.

You could add a page to any window that closes and opens with the target window using /gamedata.target.window (might not be exact).

I believe the target window closes when your target dies?

You could use that page's onshow to grab the value from the progress bar when the window opens.

You Could use the page's OnHide to grab and compare the after close value to the original and do calculatons to determine a more exact amount increase if it is indeed more accurate.

If there is a gain you can show a "popup" message window that says something like "You have gained .251% experience giving you a total 67.334%; it will take 14 more gains like this to level up" and give it an effectors that fades the window out and closes it.

Edit: The client used to switch the experience bar displayed if experience was gained that mechinism, if still present, might that hardcoding might be "hookable" to trigger the calculations, and displays whenever any kind of experience is gained..

just an idea, to spark up discussion.
It may just be dream.. I haven't played in a long while and although I have some idea, I don't know how much the UI system has really changed.

Last edited by Talyns : 05-09-2006 at 02:42 AM.