View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Does a Checkbox care how long you press it?

Or am I seeing something else here?

I've been working on some more features for a browser window. Any window with a dropdown menu always has problems with keyboard focus. Anytime the window has focus the space bar causes the dropdown menu to open, which is not normally what you want. To work around this I've been putting set_focus Parent...Parent.Player.Fullpath commands in every button in the window to switch the focus to the player window. This has worked for every button, it seems, except for the minimize Checkbox:

<Checkbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" LocalTooltip="Mimimize" Name="Minimize" OnSet="OldSize=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Size
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MinimumSize=325,27
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Size=325,27
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.UserResizable=false
set_focus Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.Fullpath
LocalTooltip=Restore" OnUnset="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MinimumSize=600,150
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Size=OldSize
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.UserResizable=true
set_focus Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.Fullpath
LocalTooltip=Minimize" ScrollExtent="13,9" Size="13,9" Style="ShowControl.Style"></Checkbox>

The line set_focus Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.Fullpath is supposed to switch focus to the player window but a normal click doesn't work. After a lot of trial and error I found out that if I click down on the button for longer than a couple tenths of a second it does switch focus but a normal quick click doesn't.

Has anyone run into this problem or something similar? Here's the xml file if you want to try it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml (10.5 KB, 328 views)