View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Good idea. For EQ2MAP we'd probably need to duplicate multipurpose POIs then though, e.g. quest update location and discovery XP location, so if you hide the quest POI at the same spot the disco POI is still visible. But that can be done.

That's already the case, it is just not showing the empty "Current Zone" by default. But if you select it you get an empty map (and in the case of EQ2MAP with some more information on it).
Very true for the first point. But perhaps in the implementation those locations could be marked so that yes they update a quest, but they're not *just* for that quest. And thus the filter would only filter away those POIs that are *only* for a specific quest (which is quite a few when it comes to clickie-objects). That would allow the control without having to have duplicate POIs.

Second point: Interesting. I'd never realized that that is the case for zones that have no map in EQ2MAP. To clarify, thats what I was talking about -- zones like instances that do not currently have a map in EQ2MAP, not just ones that don't have a SOE map. I'll have to check next time I'm in an unmapped instance, don't remember seeing that before.