View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I've gone ahead and split the threat into multiple values and set up the UI to have two Text labels. Since you shouldn't be able to have threat on your target and implied target at the same time, this should work fine.
I've been watching the test UI for this, but so far haven't seen the split values show up in the threat meter. Has this split not been patched through yet, or am I missing something obvious?

As for the HUD layout suggestions, I keep trying things, but everything I try using the windows you suggested just puts too much in one place - my hud goes halfway up my screen. I personally prefer a more split layout - most things in one area, but things like target/group/player up top, away from the general crush. Because in combat I don't want to check through this huge mass of stuff to see how everyone's doing - if the tank is about to drop I want it to stand out immediately.

I'll try working on the layout some more when I get a decent monitor again, possibly with less elements involved.

Question I had about the idea of telescoping potions button - you mentioned being able to hover over/click on one potion, and it'd expand to show all your potions, so you could have them all available with less hotbar space taken. Currently a great many of the potions look the same - all cures, all power regen, etc - would there also be plans to add distinguishing marks to each of the potions? Say the cure potions include the icon for what affect they cure?