View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noviets View Post
Is there a way to just remove the portrait stuff from Groupmembers1+ like it is for groupmember0?
It's already removed. The problem is, as I've said, hard-coded behavior: sizing and size changes applied not by the UI XML but by the game client itself, in this case to account for the extra height the portraits require. As long as a UI uses the standard elements SOE has for the group members, some things about them like their vertical size aren't completely controllable by the UI XML. Most stuff is, and using the standard elements makes it a lot less work to keep up with UI changes, but every now and then you run into weirdness like this. I suspect that's one of the reasons the sizing of the elements was inconsistent in the first place, to work around some weird hard-coded behavior that's since changed (but it didn't break things, so nobody bothered to update the group window element sizes). I keep working on it, but work keeps me overloaded during the week and coordinating with several other people so I can fill out all 6 group slots makes testing more annoying than for most stuff.