View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2005, 10:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1

Finally someone else with this problem! Yes several files halt at approx 98%. I have found terminating the updater and relaunching will allow the patches to continue however it is probably leaving behind corrupt files.

I was working on this with the dev. But he couldn't seem to find anything about it... so yes it is confirmed sir it is NOT just me! There is a bug in your software.

One thing that I was curious about... I noticed we both get a connection time out... could the sever and/or client be dropping people? Does it attempt to reestablish the connection? Or just drop out after so long of no data?

Suggestions: This might help in troubleshooting in future versions as well as be a nice feature... connection status display... auto-retry connection when dropped... exclude specific mapfiles... download as tmp file when complete rename and overwrite old file to avoid corrupt map files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorax
Greetings!

After LU#8 I can no longer use EQ2MAP, It halts on icons_blackburrow_2.xml at 86% every single time. I'm using the EQ2Map Auto Updater 0.97 Beta on a Windows XP computer. And as I said, had no problems whatsoever until today.

These are the things I've tried (not necessary in the order posted):
Deleted EQ2.ini
Reinstalled EQ2MAP
Deleted Custom UI folders
Deleted EQ2MAP folders in UI directory
Reinstalled Dot net 2.0
Removed my ini files containing window positioning etc
Changed entire EQ2 directory to not be write protected
Disabled firewall
Copied the file from a friend
Deleted the file
Made a new file with the same name