View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
And maybe a word of explanation regarding how location in conjunction with what I call PackLocation works. Say you PackLocation is 2 for right, top. You HPos is 40 and you VPos is 10. The window will then appear at an absolute horizontal position of Screen Width - Window Width + HPos, and an absolute vertical position of 10. So your editor would have to take all those parameters into account. You could then offer options to automatically center a window, for example. If have yet to test it with windows that bring their own definition of PackLocation and PackLocationProp in the XML into play. Judging from modding experience with those I assume they will simply override all settings in the .ini file if any of them is present. For example, if I add a pack location of "cpc, cpc" to the xml and no PackLocationProp, but a Location that is off-center, when displayed the window will nevertheless be exactly centered. Will have to test this to confirm exact mechanics though.
Can you tell if packlocationprop is stored in the settings file? If so I'll probably have to adjust its value if Hpos/vpos is changed. I've always disregarded the property as it's calculated by the client. But if it is the settings file then bla bla more work lol..

You should be able to get a list of all changed bytes by turning on passive scan. I might have to redo that function because it stops scanning when it sees the 1st change.