View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Well, this'd mean an even longer file scan time, and the DDS's should rarely change, just get new ones every once in a while.

The icon page XMLs are auto-generated while eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, all XMLs that aren't icons_*.xml, and the DDS files are human made. This means we'd all need upload access to wherever at maps.eq2interface.com.

So either there'd be a burden for taco-man and/or Eloa to keep newest data uploaded or tell me where/how I can upload.

What do you two think (taco-man and Eloa)? Automate the whole mod updating; instead of having a mod download, people JUST download the auto-updater.

Not sure how maps.eq2interface.com would generate MD5s for the non-autogenerated stuff, and we'd need a special case for the window_*.xml files to be an exists/doesn't-exist check where they're only downloaded if they aren't there, since these will be user modded.

I think, since the updater seems about ready for it's first test drives, it just handle the icon page XML updates for now. If taco-man's is up to setting it up to download everything, it's his call.

Quib
It shouldnt be too hard to make a thing for you to upload the new versions of the files, to the website through a php script that generates the md5s. also if the scan time becomes too long for the dds files it could always just only download it if the file exists. and then have a checkbox for "Complete File Check" or something.

You are right though, we should probably just test it how it is now and then work on adding the rest of the stuff in.