View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2005, 01:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
Couldn't the auto-updater update the images directory as well?
Well, this'd mean an even longer file scan time, and the DDS's should rarely change, just get new ones every once in a while.

The icon page XMLs are auto-generated while eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, all XMLs that aren't icons_*.xml, and the DDS files are human made. This means we'd all need upload access to wherever at maps.eq2interface.com.

So either there'd be a burden for taco-man and/or Eloa to keep newest data uploaded or tell me where/how I can upload.

What do you two think (taco-man and Eloa)? Automate the whole mod updating; instead of having a mod download, people JUST download the auto-updater.

Not sure how maps.eq2interface.com would generate MD5s for the non-autogenerated stuff, and we'd need a special case for the window_*.xml files to be an exists/doesn't-exist check where they're only downloaded if they aren't there, since these will be user modded.

I think, since the updater seems about ready for it's first test drives, it just handle the icon page XML updates for now. If taco-man's is up to setting it up to download everything, it's his call.

Quib