View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkry View Post
This is really frustrating me. I just purchased a new system (w/ Vista - YUCK!!). I loaded Fetish and EQMap but every time I log into game, or even change characters my UI resets itself back to the default UI.

After I /loadui & select Fetish (by first selecting default option then reselecting Fetish - because Fetish is greyed out to start with) and load Fetish, then I have to zone or my receipe book is empty.

Did I do something wrong, or is this just another reason why I am cussing out MircoSoft & their nearly unoperational operating system?
More than likely this problem comes from Vista's new security feature. If EQ2 is installed to the default location (ie. c:\program files\blah\blah\everquest II\) then the .ini files can't be saved because Vista doesn't allow that anymore. All your ini files are saved in a new location C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming. Look in this folder for the Everquest II folder. Once you find it look for eq2.ini and manually set your interface to Fetish in there.

Also from what I understand the /loadui command is very buggy and doesn't work all the time.

Last edited by dragonflyy69 : 08-13-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Added more help ;)