View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

We're getting a little off-topic here, but its all good stuff so that's ok.

Has anyone had a chance to work on any UI mockups yet? I haven't had a chance to do mine, but I have one sketched out on my whiteboard I was showing to Zoltaroth. I should have time this weekend to sketch it up in Photoshop.

I've also added a new page to the Logitech G15 to support Zoltaroth's auto-attack timers and its working great! I was just testing this out and its very cool, I think you guys will like it. We discussed whether or not we should support this in the default UI and decided we'd leave it for mods. It falls into the realm of advanced features and would be one extra window that new players and casual players would have to deal with.

Something else I wanted to let you guys know. I'm finishing up the conversion of our INI files into XML format. It wont be done for 51 but hopefully will go out with 52. This new format will be much easier to view and tweak. It'll be more friendly for us as developers as well. This change will also pave the way for me to provide you guys with a method to save and load values from UI windows so your custom mods can save data between sessions. As long as your saved values don't conflict with values we expect to find, you should be able to save whatever you want in a player's UI settings file.

It'll probably work something like this; any custom values you write to the main page will be serialized into the INI file and read back in when the UI is loaded. Unless of course you guys have some better ideas, I'm all ears. We could require that you create a data object with a specific name like "CustomData" and all values in that object would be written to the INI file. This might be a cleaner implementation.