View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

If you are having problem swith the quest journal, go into the OCD directory
Rename: eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
To: _eq2ui_journals_quest.xml

This will disable my journal. Then run EQ2. If at this point you still cannot open your journal, then the problem is not with the interface itself but your character and it would be time to contact a GM and bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer81
i tried deleteing all journal files and it still crashes BUT the default ui works fine and other ui's work fine (i just dont like them) and if i use the default ui and try and use just the OCD journal it doesnt work.. It seems REALLY weird.
I dont know why, but EQ2 is notorious for not working for no reason at all. A friend of mine's character had problems, he could log into his character from any computer except his own. He could log into any character on his computer except his own. He even tried formatting his computer and reinstall EQ2, 3 times and he still couldnt log into his computer. There was no explanation for this and things just didnt work.

In your UI folder there should be a file called ui.log, find out what it says in that. A possibility would be a sound file problem. When you open a journal, it calls up a sound file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya
Implied Target window doesnt seem to work (Or is this not a default option for EQ2? I was using a different custom UI before this one). Is there an implied target setting I need to enable? If I highlight someone fighting a m.o.b it only shows my target, and not who he is targeting.
Implied target only works for groupmembers. If someone is not in your group, implied target will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya
Click on either the Harvesting or Notes button on the EQ2 button scheme.
Close by hand the windows they open (Harvesting, Notes windows)
Notice the buttons on the EQ2 button bar. They will still show up as being open. If you click on them, they will not instantly open the window, and you have to click 2x to open the item, plus a 3rd if you want them to stop showing up as open.
This is actually by Goldi's design. Not a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfire99
I can't get to right click any of the windows in this UI to customize at all. ( it is not allowing me to) What am I doing wrong?
Right clicking windows has nothing to do with UIs, it is part of the built in programming of EQ2. So there is nothing I can do to help you with this.

Last edited by Jaxel : 05-06-2005 at 03:22 PM.