View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2005, 05:38 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadditude
Any chance of getting an ETA on this complete overhaul? Sounds interesting.
I hesitate to say since its a MAJOR overhaul.

I've completed all the Examine windows, most of the MainHUD and most of the Inventory windows.

I still have several complex windows to overhaul (Comunity, Store, Market, Journel, etc) and a bizzillion pop ups.

The real time sink is in having to overhaul windows that were previously untouched just to give them the same styling. I could have gone the easy route and highjacked the default styles, but then other people's mods would be affected/affect mine. This method leaves virtually all default image and style files untouched but forces me to manually update every style for every object in every window.

One of my goals with this is to have a UI that is much easier to reskin, so folks can tweak their font and color settings to their liking. Doing that right requires adding a slew of styles SOE didn't include to begin with.

This update will be released under a new title. Due to the style change, I'd like to keep 2.5 available for anyone that prefers it over the new skin. I won't be updating the old skin going forward.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-03-2005 at 05:58 PM.