Thread: eXtremeUI
View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2005, 01:19 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Addon for modified Target/Implied Target windows.

One thing I usually don't like on my UI is repetitive info. For example on your eXtreme UI you have the player health/power bars on both the player window, and the target window. I did some brainstorming and came up with an idea that suited my need, and did a little modding to your target and implied target windows in UI Builder. I have to use UI builder because when I see all the coding it's like reading Russian.

Basically what I did is I took the implied target window and combined it with the target window. So the bars that were used for player health/power are now the implied target bars (percentages were changed as well). In order to fit all this in the target window I had to make the fonts smaller (still very legible at 1600x1200), and reduce the size of the boxes where the names and level info for the target & implied targets are.

The main advantage to this mod is that it does away with the stacked implied target window and save a little space. You will see that once your implied target window pops up it is only the implied targets name & level in a little box, because the health/power bars are part of the actual target window. You’ll just have to move the implied target box on top the target window, which you can see from the screen cap the final result.

The drawback is that in some cases where the target or implied target has a looooong name (any pet for a summoner) then it is cut off. Summoning classes are used to this though with custom UI's. Also this addon will only with the old style (v0) con system, if you use the fancy frames (which I hate) then stick to the original target/implied taget windows.

Anyhow, I attached come screen caps of what I did, and have submitted my work as an addon for my new favorite UI.

Thanks again Landiin for all your work.

Screen cap is a little wrong because the target & implied target names are centered, not left justified.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	3072  Click image for larger version

Name:	target2.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	3073  

Last edited by mackgee : 07-05-2005 at 01:36 AM.