View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Props on getting this UI to the masses, it looks pretty sweet. Here are some issues i'm having, and suggestions I have for overall improvement:

1. The target window sits in its place a little sloppily, I was wondering if you might clean up the borders along the bottom of the target window, and along the top of the player and Start/casting bar windows, so they look a little more uniform in their places.

2. The background of the journal helper window cannot be faded, and the "extreme UI" text in the background makes reading the text in the helper window difficult. Please offer a blank background or make the background opacity fadable.

3. The UI settings ini file you included is very appreciated even if it is not the resolution I use (1200x1600). However you were in a chat channel called "dragan" when you saved and included it with your mod, and I don't think anyone else needs to have this channel included automatically with this mod. The channel cannot be removed from the chat options window, and though you are not in it when you log on, any subsequent channels you join will labeled from 2 and up instead of starting with channel 1, which channel dragan has taken hostage in limbo somewhere. Perhaps a minor annoyance, but those of us in several channels have memorized the numbers associated with them, colors too, and this can confuse things.

4. My sound settings do not save when I log off. I prefer no music at all, and master game volume at about half, but after I set these and log out and back in, everything is maxed again. I don't touch the sound button on the UI that's with all the other performance and shortcut buttons.

5. In keeping with the overall theme of this UI, I think the bag windows are too large at normal size. It would be great if you used....whatever the reduced sized bag mods usually are....75%?

That's all for right now. Keep up the good work
1. I agree with you and never was happy with its alignment. I had so many windows to convert that I got it close and moved on. I do plan on making it fit right I just wanted to get it out.

2. I thought of someone might have troube reading it when that there but ever one I talked to said they didn't. I will make it fadeable in v1.0.2

3. Oops Thought I left that channel before I added it, sorry

4. I already have that fixed and will be in with v1.0.2

5. see 4

Thanks for your suggestions and keep them coming