View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfin
Seeing the actual defense skill would be helpful for the times you max out at 100% avoidance. Assuming no mob buffs, It takes a 290 defense skill to have a 100% avoidance on a lev 50 opponent. A 295 will give you 100% avoidance on a lev 51 opponent. 300 will be 100% on lev 52, and so on and so on. In all cases you display 100% avoidance though your defense number is higher and you are actually better. This scenerio happens on almost any raid with certain group setups. The other option would be to display more than 100% avoidance if possible. I think the tooltip actually displays it if you hover your mouse over it.

More than 30 spell icons would be great for raids too. You easilly exceed 30 in some groups fully buffed on raids. Sometimes if you need to cancel the buff that roots you if its off screen you end up canceling a few to find it. Its really a pain and my biggest grip with the UI.

Im not a developer though so cant help you
Oh ok I see what you are wanting to see now. Hmm Just got an idea for my target window now

The effects I can see being pushed over 30, but I think 30 is max buffs u can have on you at any one point. As far as the maint window goes witch only showes what buffs/debuffs you have cast, again I havn't seen a class with 30+ utillities spells that lights an icon in the maint window. Even if say u cast crack on every group member thats only 24 icons if it shows one for each person, leaving 6 others witch is around the norm for buff for each class, give or take a couple.