Unread 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Here's what I did:
1.) I copied your character settings file and renamed to my server and character. (This allowed me to login and see exactly what you see.)

The maintained window was indeed hidden. (Even after pressing F10 to cycle the window backgrounds.

Afterwards, I pressed Alt-M (this toggles the maintaned window on and off)
Once I did that the maintained window appeared in the top right area next to the quest status window. (Note: be sure to have some sort of maintained spell/ability cast or it may not appear. That's why a previous poster recommended pressing F10)

I then attempted to move the window but noticed it had "click through" enabled.
I right clicked the window and disabled that option.
I then moved the window to the lower left verically just above the chat window. (Afterwards I re-enabled Click Through and Locked the window)

I then logged out (Camped to Desktop) then logged back in to see the maintaned window still viewable and where I last placed it.

I'm attaching the window placement file so you can see for yourself. (Just save to the same location where yours is overwriting it.)

SOE has the maintaned window set to be hidden by default.
The only way to change that is by pressing ALT-M to show the window AND move the window to store the updated location in your window placement file (which I believe also stores the fact that you would like it not hidden).

We "as modders" have asked for the window placements file to be plain text for some time.
Our intentions were to help reduce the amount of these issues by making the file easy to edit.
Unfortunately that request has been left unanswered.

If you duplicate the above step I took, you should be able to make the maintaned window viewable (and stay that way) on all your characters.
If for some reason it doesn't work for you, I'm afraid I would suggest contacting SOE technical support for assistance.
Be sure to clearly state that you are using the default interface "unmodified" and that you have deleted your character window placement file.
I'd copy and past this entire thread If I were you.

Hope this resolves you issues and gets you back so you can enjoy the game.
Dispite all the little issues here and their IMO "In My Opinion" it still remains the best MMORPG including those in production and soon to be released.
You know what i love you and i want to have your babies

P.S We still on for the pizza

P.SS How you like the avatar?

Last edited by Tooplex : 02-26-2007 at 01:39 PM.