Thread: We're modular!
View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2005, 05:52 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Step 1: Don't panic!

This is the design philosophy (and, hopefully, result) of the changes I've made.
- Non-EQ2MAP team members should not have to touch the EQ2MAP folder, only eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml.
- EQ2MAP team members should not have to alter eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml to add new maps. Only radical new functionality additions should require altering this file.

Changes I've made:

- eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
-- Moved all Includes to a central location
-- Added warning pages for UIBuilder users around includes letting them know not to touch the contents thereof. (Where Includes are used is not indicated anywhere in the UIBuilder.)
-- Moved QM_Overlay, Select/Hide Map buttons, MapPage, MapStyles, and IconStyles to <include>s.
-- Moved the Options button, Frame, and Backdrop back into the main file. (non-team modders shouldn't touch any files in the eq2map folder.)
-- Removed the old useless Help button altogether. Believe it or not, the script you had on it wasn't keeping it hidden for some reason, in the UIBuilder at least. I couldn't figure out why. There was no point in leaving it in at any rate.
-- Re-arranged existing objects for better grouping. Functionality above the includes, background below them.
-- Added SizeMinimized, SizeNormal, and SizeQuestAddon properties to main page, so that other modders wouldn't have to edit the scripts for the minimize/restore buttons, the Quest Addon button, or the titlebar.

- eq2map/window_titlebar.xml
-- Moved the minimize/restore buttons to a subpage so that a script can move them as a group.
-- Moved Eloa's Expand/Collapse Quest buttons to a subpage so that a script can move them as a group.
-- Altered scripts on all buttons and titlebars to use the SizeMinimized, SizeNormal, and SizeQuestAddon properties that were added to main page, and to accomodate subpage changes. (Note: Added function: Using Minimize/Restore buttons will now properly reset the Quest Addon buttons to their initial state.)

Changes the team will have to make:

-I believe Eloa's quest addon currently uses a script to set WC_HelpButton1's "Resize" property to the size that the window should be once expanded. That script should be altered to change the main page's "SizeQuestAddon" property instead.

Everything non-team modders shouldn't touch is in <includes>. Everything appears to be working as it should in-game. Please take a look over the changes. And please, for the ease of other map window modders and users needing to install those mods, decide to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_rev_deathbane.zip (7.2 KB, 501 views)