View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2005, 01:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Wow this one has me stumped but we will get to the bottom of it.

Annabettin how different are yours and you husband's computer? It's odd that it runs on his and not yours. ... I'll keep looking for a possible solution.
Not too much diff on the specs. We bought them at the same time last year so neither is old. He runs Intel P4, I run AMD. He runs Radeon and I run GeForce. Sound cards are the same. RAM is the same. I have a DVD burner, he doesn't. We're both on XP Pro SP2. His system is for gaming and net browsing only. I do graphics and video on mine in addition to gaming. I have other things on mine that his doesn't like a pen tablet for the graphics, a movie box for getting analog video in the system and back out after editing....*thinking*....also on mine is the printer with card reader slots. It has sep. drivers for the 'removable media storage'.

I haven't coded anything in a few years but none of that is raising a red flag on possible culprits. I went from XP Pro base to SP2 in one fail swoop. So last night, I took it back to XP Pro base, installed SP1a, then installed SP2 and all the updates just in case there was an oddball thing missed. After posting this, I'm going to make sure I have the latest Java installed and see what I can find out on getting that MS JIT and/or VM on the options.

I really appreciate the persistance in finding the solution.