View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chealee View Post
One more question, well ok a couple questions. While on my trips to other games, I picked up the razer naga mouse to give myself thumbtip access to the 12 buttons on the numbap. Does profit or any other mod make the numbap accessable ..meaning I would be able to assign abilities to the buttons, in the same way as the top row of numbers, also is there a way to make the shift button accessable as a key modifier instead of just the alt and ctrl keys?
Would very much love to know how to do these things in this game, as it has the most buttons needed out of just about any other game out there.
You can assign functions to numpad keys in the Control options. The main trick is getting the NumLock setting right. Toggle it the wrong way and the game doesn't see numpad keys, it sees the ordinary numbers from the main keyboard instead. That isn't anything to do with the mappings, it's literally a difference in what keycodes the keyboard driver is sending to the EQ2 client. The Razer Naga may or may not be affected by the NumLock setting, you'd have to experiment. But if it does send numpad keycodes, the game should be able to assign them to actions just fine.