Thread: GU43 UI Changes
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

See I think of it the other way... I'd use NBG to enforce whether or not it could be used.

And if it is going to an Alt or something... then its tradeable anyway and can be arranged after the roll. No need to be able to "Need" it then.

As it stands now, unscrupulous players can "Need" the final box of a zone, which is generally the best box, and even if the item was "FFA" they'll get away with it, or they may get away with it if someone else actually "Needed" the item.

By enforcing Needs you prevent that from happening. and "Greed" is essentially lotto.

By having to go to lotto an unscrupulous player still has a chance at an item over a player than can actually use and need it, if the "Need" system operated the other way.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to say you didn't know how to, was just pointing out that VG is where I saw it done the way I wanted it to be done here, in terms of "Needing" hehe.

And yeah, PR is what I was talking about too with Imzok's Revenge. He drops the warden epic update as well but if anyone but a warden cracks open the chest he poofs, which is not cool hehehehe. That and there was some other bug going on where the corpse actually disappeared early for some reason ((but that I think the quest just needs to be designed to give the item directly as a 'reward' on detecting you killing him))