View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Well, I let the updater download a new file since it was missing and loaded up the game with a Windows explorer window open on the 2nd monitor. I normally play full screen on the 1st. I started my 40th level toon first and as I changed each item, I could tell that it was updating the file as I could see the date change on it. Once I was done I switched to Windowed mode and made a back-up of the file and then camped. The file stayed.

Went back into EQ2 with my main and saved her settings and camped. The file stayed with my changes.

So... I don't know what was going on before and why it worked this time.

I then tried to add a note to an item to test that out.. and amazingly the first one I tested it didn't want to work very well with. Seems like it couldn't read the note it saved.. it just kept saying "Add a note". Maybe it was having a problem with an Appostrophe in the Item name. It saved it, just wouldn't display it:

Code:
        <Icon Name="Clarissa&apos;s Content Countenance" PathFindLocation="0.00 20000.00 0.00" PoiDescription=" Illusion" PoiResource="site" PoiShowAlways="true" PoiType="LOCATION" Tooltip="Clarissa&apos;s Content Countenance" />
My guess is that it was trying to match on the item name with just the " ' " instead of how it saved it. The other items I tried worked fine. Oh, and it did keep this file also.