Thread: GU 57 Inquiry
View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

RE Hotkeys: Yah looks like they removed the icon border. I didn't do anything to the hotkeys and they seam to be working fine other than the missing border.

RE Inventory: using /show_window Inventory.Inventory brings up the old window, but the icon data is dead, so its useless. The "I" keybind for Inventory no longer functions and was removed from the Options window.

So no, we can't continue to use the separate Inventory window. Don't ask me why SOE couldn't just leave the old window in place for those that wanted to stick with it. IMO the new window has way to much stuff in it as should be evident by the need to use nested tab bars. It may be less screen clutter for default users, but I don't think its very functional. To many tab's working at cross purposes. Reminds me of a Windows 95 dialog box :/

Still a work in progress, but the contents of the Inventory window fit within my Persona window. I expect the combined window to be only a tad taller than the old Persona window, and no wider. Since most stats are already available in the Personabar, they will be on a separate tab from equipment to save space.

Unfortunately the shrink feature isn't practical with the new setup, so that's going away.

The window will be vertically resizable to better handle the long list pages, but you're probably not going to want to leave it stretched since that will make it difficult to fight with the equipment page open. It will not be horizontally resizable.