Thread: Gu51
View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

DISCLAIMER: THIS MIGHT COMPLETELY FUBAR YOUR GAME AND MAKE YOU WAIT UNTIL ZONX COMES OUT WITH AN UPDATE OR REVERT BACK TO THE DEFAULT UI. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here's what I usually do when an update comes out and Zonx hasn't pushed a new version (he's usually pretty quick btw and glad to see he's on top of this one as usual). Keep in mind, I'm writing this from work by memory and have no way of verifying filenames, etc.:

Go to the UI/Default folder and sort by date. The ones with the newer dates are the ones that changed. You can usually tell what they are by the name. If it's a window that you need fixed before the update, go to the UI/FetishNightfall directory and delete the file with the same name. The game should then revert back to the one in the default folder.

For the NEW windows, you need to edit the (someone correct me if this is wrong) eq2ui_mainhud.xml file in the UI/FetishNightfall folder. First, go to the UI/Default folder and find the file that looks like the name of the window you're trying to add (remember to sort by date to make it easier). Once you have the file name, go to the UI/FetishNightfall folder and, using NOTEPAD (DO NOT use something like word and risk screwing up the format) edit the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file (or whatever this file is called, hopefully someone will verify or correct me soon after I post this). In the file, there will be lines referencing a bunch of different other files. Copy one of those lines and paste it in right below the line you copied. Edit the newly copied line and replace the file name with the one you want to add.

This usually works with the simple ones. Sometimes it gets a bit tougher when you have to start dealing with popup windows and such. I would say that I'd post what I do tonight to fix it but since Zonx is going to have an update for us so soon, not much point. Just try the steps above for the windows you cant live without until Zonx releases his latest masterpiece.