View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xndienx View Post
Right click the shortcut and go to properties and check the box that says Run as Administrator.

Also, you get the can't write error if EverQuest2.exe is locked for whatever reason (IE you're in game), even if you enable run as administrator on the shortcut (I do this in the shortcut Properties idk how everyone else does it)

In Vista, even if you are an administrator, You really aren't because of the annoyance known as UAC

Just do yourself a favor and make sure you are not running EQ2 while trying to run the updater, set your shortcut to Run as administrator, and once again, don't run the updater while you're playing EQ2
I made sure I was not running EQ2, I am admin using Vista with UAC turned off, and I still can't get this working. I tried to check the box to run as admin, but it's greyed out and not letting me do it. =(

I have the latest Java, I've done at least 5 fresh installs, and I'm not really sure what else to do. Anyone have any other fixes that might work? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!